After a year of regular sexual intercourse with no pregnancy, you can start to suspect the presence of some kind of problem. The intercourse should obviously be totally unprotected. It is advisable to start seeing a specialist in reproduction as soon as possible if you are over the age of 35 years or you are not satisfied with the care offered by a general gynecologist or family practitioner. Please remember to get all the results of previous tests or treatment done and bring with you.